Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store badge icon shows updates even after updating

I have installed two updates that showed up in the App Store. For example, one of these was iPhoto 9.1.3. They installed, and I verified by opening the apps. However, the App Store icon badge still shows the two updates are available. After opening the App Store, they still show as updates, and if I hit update, it stupidly proceeds to download again, even though the apps are installed. Could someone tell me how to correct this issue?

Posted on Jul 1, 2011 7:33 AM

10 replies

Sep 13, 2012 1:36 PM in response to FuzzySS

FuzzySS -- Sorry, for some reason I didn't see your response last year but saw the post by maths126 -- which got me to your response. I don't have any old copies of the application unless it would be via Time Machine on an external drive. I do keep a copy current (daily) duplicate copy (not a clone) of my all my apps and files on an external drive. I still have the problem.

Sep 14, 2012 11:53 AM in response to Bob H.

Come to think of it, iPhoto was the only app that did this for me too. Even though my external drive had a complete clone of my system. Could be that there are some special case location checks for iPhoto (or perhaps the iLife suite as a whole).

If your backup is scripted, I guess you could do it to a .tar or .zip file. In that case, I doubt App Store will find it. My clone was only a temporary setup, so it's gone now and don't bother me anymore.

App Store badge icon shows updates even after updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.