Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook cant share music with sonos, the computer refuse to let the zoneplayer connect to it?

Hi, i have earlier used the Sonos system without any problem, then suddenly, maybe after a software update(around the time i installed itunes 10) i couldnt any longer access my music folder. I have a macbook with mac os x version 10.5.8 and when i try to set up mye music library i get the message, The computer “Name” refused to let the ZonePlayer connect to it.

Check file sharing or firewall settings.

Now i have tried changing my firewall settings, and added smb file sharing, i have done it several times with every combination possible, and still it will not work. I have contacted local support for mac, and the supplier locally of sonos hardware and still it will not work.....any ideas???? it seams it might be a firewall issue, but i have made all the changes possible as far as i know, and as far as my local mac man knows...it has been like this for awhile. The system worked perfectly in january in february maybe after an automatic computer update, i suspect thats when itunes version 10 was downloaded. The sonos wireless music system works with my pc, and when i went to the local hi-fi store my computer could connect to their system but i still wasn`t able to add my itunes library to their system. Any ideas????

Regards Thomas

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jul 1, 2011 8:22 AM

2 replies

Jul 9, 2011 2:53 PM in response to thomasfrombergen

I had the same issue until today and it's finally back working. Not sure what got out of sync with updates, but I was actually on OS 10.6.7 with the same issue.

What I tried (I did it all at the same time hoping something would stick):

Unchecked the file sharing for the folder in question (only folder being shared), went to do a re-boot and decided to updated the OS software to 10.6.8 given reboot was required. Did the upgrade and reboot, then changed the file sharing back to sharing for the folder. Seemed to fix the issue and the sonos desktop controller no longer gave me the error message (same as yours) and is now indexing the folder.

Other items to note: other Mac in the house did NOT have the issue and was also on 10.6.8

Issue also occurs when NOT trying to use iTunes folder (I was only linking to a general music folder) which leads me to believe issue is between Sonos -> Mac , not related to iTunes

sonos desktop controller: v3.4 (build 14540190)

iTunes: v10.3.1 (55)

Hope this helps

macbook cant share music with sonos, the computer refuse to let the zoneplayer connect to it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.