Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my computer won't recognise my ipod shuffle

iPod shuffle, Windows Vista

Posted on Jul 2, 2011 1:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2011 11:14 AM

I found the same problem. my computer crashed and i had to re-install itunes. i got to download music, but when i went to plug it in last night my computer doesn't recognise it now. i've been looking but cant find anything about it. all the other posts say something about dead batteries, but thats not the problem here. any type of help would be greatly appreciated. if i find anything i will post.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2011 11:14 AM in response to jophill

I found the same problem. my computer crashed and i had to re-install itunes. i got to download music, but when i went to plug it in last night my computer doesn't recognise it now. i've been looking but cant find anything about it. all the other posts say something about dead batteries, but thats not the problem here. any type of help would be greatly appreciated. if i find anything i will post.

Jul 7, 2011 2:15 PM in response to up4anything

Mmm? Unistall itunes stuff so lets go to the control panel and unistall these

1: Itunes

2:Quicktime

3:Apple Application Support

4:Apple Mobile Device Support

5: Apple Software update

Then once it's done restart then install itunes if that doesen't work change your usb connection

If that didn't work which it should head on to a apple store

Feb 15, 2015 10:05 AM in response to jophill

So I recently had this same problem. My Shuffle 2nd gen would not be recognized by my iTunes. It had been a few years since i used it and at one point may have been connected to iTunes on a PC. After several tries at troubleshooting, I realized that maybe the device is corrupted. Since my iMac would not recognize the Shuffle, I connected to a PC and it appeared as a disk. I reformatted the Shuffle in FAT32, plugged it back into my iMac and iTunes recognized it just fine but as a new device. So if you have access to a PC, reformat it there and then try your Mac iTunes again.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.