Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exit a .bash script in terminal

I'm working with some Androi developing stuff but when I entered pico .bash_profile it said it was not a command found and I think it was because I'm in some sort of bash script.

This is what it says:

Last login: Sat Jul 2 09:42:36 on ttys000

-bash: sdkfolder: No such file or directory

jeffrey-walkers-imac:~ JeffWalker$

Anyone know how to get off -bash?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 2, 2011 7:49 AM

5 replies

Jul 7, 2011 7:42 PM in response to sirJman

Sounds very much like you corrupted your PATH environment variable.

/usr/bin/pico .bash_profile

should be able invoke pico and edit your .bash_profile where your PATH is most likely being set, and corrupted. If you do not have a .bash_profile, then see if you have a .bash_login or .profile, which bash checks in that order and uses the first one it finds when you start a terminal session.

Sep 5, 2014 4:26 PM in response to Newbie_Arnav

Newbie_Arnav wrote:

can you please tell what do yo mean by "edit .bash_profile"?? how to to do it? my terminal here shows this?? i want to use the commands but it does not respondans shows this. please replyUser uploaded file

What are you trying to do?

What problem are you trying to solve.

The bash shell, will look for one of the following shell initialization scripts

.bash_profile

.bash_login

.profile

None of these files exist by default. If any of them exist it is because someone or some installation process created them.

/bin/ls -a $HOME

will show all the files in your home directory (aka Folder).

If you wish to actually edit a file, such as .bash_profile from an editor session you would use something like:

/usr/bin/pico .bash_profile

which is the command I showed above. pico can also create the file if it does not currently exist.

But without knowing what you are trying to do, I cannot give you much additional information.

Exit a .bash script in terminal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.