Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Don't want to wait 90 days to switch back to original account! Help!

I switched onto another account to download some past purchases. Then I realized I can't switch back to my original account for 90 days! Does anyone know any way I can get back to it sooner?

iPad 2, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Jul 2, 2011 10:49 AM

10 replies

Jul 2, 2011 10:54 AM in response to Pengu7

My initial response disappeared! (Either that or I'm showing signs of age, which is not unreasonable.)

In any event, are you talking about the Apple ID? If so, your difficulty does not match my experiences. I messed up several years back and I have two IDs. I now need to go back and forth frequently and I've never seen any restrictions. Actually, for updates, the iPad switches automatically. When I'm using my Mac, I switch manually.

Is there perhaps more to the story?

Jul 2, 2011 11:01 AM in response to Pengu7

This only happens when you switch the authorisation of your device. Not if you log-in to the iTunes Store with a different account.

So apparently you deauthorised your device and re-authorised it using another account, and ignored the warning about the 90-day delay.

You're cooked. This is managed at Apple's side. You won't be able to hack that, I'm sorry to say.

Jul 2, 2011 11:03 AM in response to Philly_Phan

Here we go again.

I'm talking about my Apple ID. On June 5th Apple released a beta version of the Cloud allowing the download of past purchases and automatic syncing. So I downloaded some past purchases on my original ID. Then I switched onto another ID and downloaded some past purchases on that one (oblivious the the 90 day warning). Earlier today I switched back to my original account and tried to turn on automatic syncing. This notice pops up say I have another 90 days until I can do that with my original account. I can still buy songs and apps just fine, but not these two new features.

iOS 5 is coming in the fall and I don't wanna be restricted from the Cloud!

Jun 17, 2012 1:52 PM in response to Pengu7

Me and my sister bought a $25 gift card together and we used her account to gert music. We used her account and now I can't get my songs that I PAID for. unless i want to wait 3 months -_-. I could sync it but then i would lose all my ther music. Also I tried to contact apple but if you read their policy they state they have no obligation to read, or reply to your question/statement. I am very angry. 😠

Don't want to wait 90 days to switch back to original account! Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.