Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has anybody discovered how to reset the share monitor file log?

I have used the share feature a good bit, however, I see no way to reset the log. Has anybody identified a way to reset the Share Monitor list?

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Bill

MBP 17 in. 2.8, 2.8 8 core MP, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Jul 2, 2011 12:34 PM

14 replies

Jul 2, 2011 12:48 PM in response to BillF

Try this:

Remove your movie from its destination

1. Open the Sharing inspector by clicking the projectʼs Share icon in the Project Library. 2. In the Sharing inspector, choose Remove from the shared itemʼs pop-up menu.

A window appears with options for that particular share item.

Note: Not all share items have a pop-up menu. 3. Depending on the window options, do one of the following:Enter your password for the website you shared to and click OK to have Final Cut Pro delete the project from the destination.

Manually delete the project from the destination and click Done.

Note: To remove a project from CNN iReport you need to contact the website and request its removal. The share itemʼs published status is removed from the project.

Jul 8, 2011 12:32 PM in response to BillF

Ok, this is a brute-force method of resetting she Share Monitor queue, but it was the only one that worked for me. I found that if I restarted my machine and then once it restarted and before running FCP X or Compressor 4 I deleted everything from the following folder, this cleared all job information listed in Share Monitor (everything, not just the logs):

~/Library/Application Support/Apple Qmaster/

This fixed a problem I was seeing where a job would get to the point where it finished transcoding, and then would sit in the queue forever with a status of "Finishing". There was a previous job in the queue that had failed and I tried to cancel it, but it got 'stuck' in a "Cancelling" state. I think this had something to do with the fact that none of my other jobs would finish from that point on.

Anyway, clearing out the contents of the previously mentioned folder appeared to reset that queue.

Has anybody discovered how to reset the share monitor file log?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.