Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When converting song to mp3, how do I keep the new version in the original album folder?

When I convert a song (bit rate or M4P-to-MP3), it saves the new version in the itunes media folder. I can't remember how to make it duplicate in the original album folder so I can judt delete the original song version without having to cut/paste the new song version.

Any help?

iPod classic

Posted on Jul 2, 2011 1:51 PM

2 replies

Jul 2, 2011 3:47 PM in response to toddfrommagalia

Sounds like you want to use the Finder to delete you song?

NEVER delete songs from the iTunes Library folder this way! You will mess up iTunes database.

Always delete tracks from iTunes IN iTunes. In Library - Music, find you song and delete it there. It doesn't matter what folder might contain it.

Again, never mess with the iTunes Library with the Finder. Only bad things will happen. 😮

Jul 2, 2011 4:08 PM in response to toddfrommagalia

toddfrommagalia wrote:

When I convert a song (bit rate or M4P-to-MP3), it saves the new version in the itunes media folder. I can't remember how to make it duplicate in the original album folder so I can judt delete the original song version without having to cut/paste the new song version.

Any help?

If you use iTunes as your conversion tool, it gives you no choice about where to place the converted file; it simply puts it into iTunesMedia/Music/Artist/Album, no matter where the original is.

Your choices are to either let iTunes do the conversion and then deal with the results manually, or else to use a different conversion tool, such as Switch, that allows you to select where to place the new file.

When converting song to mp3, how do I keep the new version in the original album folder?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.