Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After Logout On 2011 15" MBP, Display Resolution Drops, And Can't Be Changed Without A System Restart.

So I bought a 2011 15" Macbook Pro in March, 2.0 GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.6.8, And every few days when I log out of my account, the resolution on the internal display has somehow been changed to a much lower resolution, and if I log back in the change this in display settings, it thinks the resolution is still at the maximum, 1440x900, and there is no way to change it back. The only way I have found to work is by restarting the computer, and it's back to normal. Is there anything I can do about this?!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 15", 2.0 GHz Intel Quad-Core i7

Posted on Jul 2, 2011 7:44 PM

1 reply

Jul 2, 2011 9:02 PM in response to JoshHProx

Run ALL the cleaning and maintenance features of the free OnyX and reboot.

http://www.titanium.free.fr/

Then use the Verify > Preferences (check show only corrupt plists) and write down any bad ones that show up.

Find these files in the System/Library/Preferences folder and the User/Library/Preference folder and move them to your desktop.

reboot the computer, the files will get rebuilt.

go use the services that you removed the plists from (example: com.apple.systemprefereces.plist) and set your preferences again.

After Logout On 2011 15" MBP, Display Resolution Drops, And Can't Be Changed Without A System Restart.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.