Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

P2 importing. Clip goes Idle and won't import. Any suggestions?

I have tried all of the existing solutions. But when I try to import via P2 from an HVX200 the clip goes idle and I cannot get my clips in from my camera. Please help!!! I am so aggrevated right now.

I am using Final Cut Pro 5.1.4 on a Mac OS X Version 10.6.7

Thank you!!!

Posted on Jul 2, 2011 10:20 PM

7 replies

Jul 5, 2011 10:47 PM in response to Before_I_Sleep

#36 - One or More P2 files failed to import.

Shane's Stock Answer #36 - "One or more clips failed to import..."

Very often in the field with this camera the camera operator will delete clips from the P2 card that they just don't like. That is the beauty of this camera. But, the still for that video file (located in the CLIP folder in the CONTENTS folder)...the still that you see when you are in the P2 Import window...is not deleted. So you will see the image, and the name, but the video file would have been deleted.

What you can do it compare the file names in the VIDEO folder and CLIP folder and see if anything is missing. If something is, then you know what the problem is. You can then just import the rest a few at time, skipping that one.

ALSO...in the P2 Import window...in the P2 Browser, there is a little sprocket drop down menu. Click on that and choose PREFERENCES. Uncheck REMOVE PULLDOWN and then try importing again.

ALSO...make sure your file names aren't too long. Try shortening them and see if that works.

ALSO make sure that the folders that contain the CONTENTS folder doesn't have any odd characters like /!@#$%^&*()?.

Jul 12, 2011 6:03 AM in response to Before_I_Sleep

Select the drive on the desktop and hit command (apple)-i or control click on it and select "get info." You should be able to determine the formatting of the drive. It should be macosextended. If it isn't, either reformat the drive using applications: utilities: disk utitlity or get another drive already formatted for use on a macintosh.

P2 importing. Clip goes Idle and won't import. Any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.