Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio cutting out

Hi everyone,

I just bought a new TV. It's a 55" LED Samsung TV, model number UN55D6420UFXZA. So the issue is this, I have a iMac 27" and I used to have a Sony 46" LCD and when I hooked my HDMI cable to my iMac with the Moshi Mini DP to HDMI Adapter with Audio Support it always worked like a charm. I use VLC Portable and it has been a pleasant experience until I got the new TV. I read in another post that some guy fixed his intermittent sound issue with his LG LED TV by playing with some sound option of course which I don't have.

The issue I am having is that the sound is cutting out like crazy. I do have a an optical cord hooked into my receiver to my TV which I did not have in the past and this may be causing the issue but I am unsure what to do here? I have a Yamaha 7.2 receiver that does not pass through the 3D that this TV has so that is why I have an optical cable connected to my receiver so I can have sound through my PS3. Anyone techy enough to try and help me with this gross issue?

Thanks

Adam

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 2, 2011 10:54 PM

9 replies

Nov 14, 2011 12:37 PM in response to amyfromwindsor

What brand is your mini display port? I bought this one:

http://store.apple.com/ca/product/H1824ZM/A/Moshi_Mini_DisplayPort_to_HDMI_Adapt er

Is the mini display port you have one that supports audio bypass?

I assume your TV is hooked up to a receiver? Have you ever had this problem before? Did it work before and not anymore? What is your setup? TV & Receiver and computer?

Nov 14, 2011 12:48 PM in response to amyfromwindsor

If this is the one:

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/rocketfish-rocketfish-mini-displayport-to -hdmi-adapter-rf-ap305-rf-ap305/10169331.aspx?path=261e43019b2ad1d32dee544736dd5 e08en02

It doesn't make mention of audio support but if you are saying it works that is odd?

Will these same shows/movies blank out while you are watching them on your computer directly?

Is there any audio settings in your TV setup that may be casuing this issue? Sometimes you need to change the audio in the TV to actually make it work as well. Like PCM or HDMI or whatever needs to be on while watching the show/movie. Do you know what setting your TV is set up on or are you not home to check?

Audio cutting out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.