Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When resuming use after the screen has been asleep my Time Capsule claims not to know my username and password. It works fine again when I then manually elect to run a backup but it seems to backup 16GB of 'changes'. How can I fix this?

My Time Capsule works fine when my mac is in use but when I let the screen sleep (the mac doesn't sleep as it mines bitcoins when I am not using it) the TC loses the ability to be connected to, claiming a username / password error.

Is this something to do with my mac itself being 'locked' ie it needs a username / password for me to wake up the screen saver? How can I set it to backup while the screen is asleep?

I realise that not much will change while the screen is asleep but it's still it's annoying to see the error message every time I come back to my mac.

cheers

d

Message was edited by: Dave Sag

Time Capsule-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8), new 3TB time capsule & new 27" iMac

Posted on Jul 2, 2011 11:32 PM

2 replies

Jul 2, 2011 11:42 PM in response to Dave Sag

Here's the error message I get.

User uploaded file

Note the TC is connected to my Airport Extreme via ethernet and my iMac is also connected to the AX via ethernet so it's not a wifi issue.

I can see the TC in the finder so it's not 'gone' from the network either.

Also note that just then the TM system pref pane was claiming a backup error, citing my 'network password' and still refusing to backup. I waited 5 minutes and did some tidying of my office while I pondered this and then tried again and voila it worked ok.

When resuming use after the screen has been asleep my Time Capsule claims not to know my username and password. It works fine again when I then manually elect to run a backup but it seems to backup 16GB of 'changes'. How can I fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.