Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete redundant email addresses from the cached lists?

Posted on Jul 3, 2011 2:45 AM

8 replies

Jul 3, 2011 2:58 AM in response to wjosten

This doesn't seem to help. Let me repeat my problem. When I start an email, and type in the first few letters into the address, the iPad produces a cached list of email addresses. In some cases the recipient has changed his email address, so two or more addresses are shown for that recipient. I have deleted the redundant address from Contacts, but the cached list keeps repeating it, and it is usually at the top of the list. How do I delete the redundant one from the cached list?

Nov 26, 2014 10:47 PM in response to peterfromascot waters

Easy, go to mail, press the square at the bottom right hand side with the pen in it as if you were going to write an email. Next to the To: type in A. All your contacts starting with A will show up below so when you come across one you don't want, press on it then press on the circle at RHS with the + in it. scroll down to where you see review recents (or something like that, I'm sorry I had a big clean up a few weeks ago) press, then that address will disappear.

Now you've just got to go through the rest of the alphabet to get rid of them all. Note: I had success with 99% of mine but there are few just refusing to budge I'm afraid and I'm just not sure why. I am talking about an iphone here BTW.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.