Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cropping a Video

I have seen a fair few videos online which have been cropped to widescreen size but without black bars top and bottom, I have tried without success to do this myself, using the crop tools in FCP, but all to no avail, I always end up with black bars top and bottom, can anyone enlighten me as to how this is done?

Thanks

Intel iMac 21.5" 32GB iPhone 4, 60GB 4G iPod, 8GB Nano, Apple TV, 32GB Wifi iPad, Mac OS X (10.6.6), 8GB Ram

Posted on Jul 3, 2011 2:37 AM

5 replies

Jul 4, 2011 12:40 PM in response to apple-lovin-it

Hi There,

If you want to edit in a widescreen format, create a sequence and change it's settings to one of a Widescreen nature, like HD1080 or 1024x576 (in planet UK).

Now, you may need to change the distortion and scale to fit but right away you can copy pasting from your old timelines into the new. New clips added from the project window will automatically be scaled and cropped into the widescreen display to maintain the correct visual aspect.

Hope this helps

Pi

Cropping a Video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.