Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn off the Audio included in "Epic Drama" so I can hear my own soundtrack?

I have used "Epic Drama" to create a Movie but I am unable to turn off the audio included with it so I can hear my own soundtrack. I have clicked on the little speaker symbol within the frame and a line goes through it but the sound s NOT muted. Any ideas please?

Thanks

Rick

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jul 3, 2011 6:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2011 12:59 PM

This is just a guess, because I haven't done it, but I believe you have to use the "convert to project" option first.

12 replies

Jul 7, 2011 3:19 PM in response to RickAu

Ok, well to begin with when you unpin a music track it goes from 'floating' to 'pinned' - floating is the opposite of pinned (if something is not pinned down it is floating), so obviously you cannot unpin something from the floating box because it is already unpinned.

But you are on the right track - just wrong screen. After you have unpinned go back to you main movie editing screen - you will have noticed the purple box around the outside of your movie in the timeline has now turned green. This green box is the sound track you want to delete. This should now be easy - just click once on the green box to select it (it may look like you have selected the entire project but you haven't and then hit the 'delete' button on your keyboard and you are done.

Jul 7, 2011 4:12 PM in response to RickAu

Right...um yeah now you have me completely confused - no audio at all - I would try reloading your video clips into the clip (just grab them out of the clip library and place on top of the clips that have lost thier sound and hit 'replace' when given the option - otherwise you could try right clicking on the clips that have lost thier sound and see if the music is simply muted. My understanding here is that when you use the automatic 'trailer templates' they mute your soundtrack to emphasise their music.

I wonder if what you are trying to achieve is not what the trailer templates were designed for - would you be better building a video from scratch and learning about effects/transitions as you go? - Your call.

How do I turn off the Audio included in "Epic Drama" so I can hear my own soundtrack?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.