Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Colorizing black-and-white comic strips

I have here scans of black-and-white comic pages which I would like to colorize. How can I do this with Aperture? Thanks.

Posted on Jul 3, 2011 8:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2011 9:28 AM

Aperture isn't a 'painting' program. You can manipulate colors and tune particular areas of images but adding arbitrary colors isn't its goal. You need Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, or any of several free or shareware applications, e.g., GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program).

6 replies

Jul 4, 2011 6:16 AM in response to coxorange

coxorange wrote:

I haven't tried Aperture yet but I've also read that it can use overlays. So there is really no way with aperture?

Nope. Without third-party plugins Aperture does not work with either layers or transparency. Not sure where you read about overlays.

The Tint adjustment won't add colour: it uses a picture's colour information and alters its phase. Without colour to work with it doesn't do anything at all.

Neil's suggestions are exactly what you should be looking into.

Jul 4, 2011 12:30 PM in response to Jade Leary

Thanks for your answer. It seems you are all right:

http://www.ononesoftware.com/products/suite/perfect-layers/?ind&utm_campaign=eNe ws_Layers_Preorder_0611&utm_source=enews_all&utm_medium=email

is such a plugin... More expensive than Aperture! 😮

I guess I'll use Photoshop Elements.

Nevertheless I've bought Aperture 🙂 now for many other things...

Colorizing black-and-white comic strips

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.