Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

empty trash The operation can’t be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code -8003).

ℹI can't empty my trash. The operation can’t be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code -8003).

I have started up in a guest account and that show empty trash bucket.

I have use 'option' or all three, control, option, command. and nothing works.

This has been a problem for about 3 weeks now.

I have an external WD hardrive for back up, these are the files that I try to erase - and I have unlocked each one, still no luck....

Can some one give me a hint what to do?

Jan😕

Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 3, 2011 9:54 AM

10 replies

Jul 4, 2011 7:19 AM in response to Don Archibald

Don;

Plus all of you that have tried to help me with my 'empty trash' problem. I have it solved!😎

I am running a Western Digital external hard drive. I phoned them just now and they asked me to unplug the WD drive, and I reset the back up occasions, it was backing up every hour, which was way too often. The trash emptied when I unplugged and now I have rebooted and the trash is still empty🙂

Thanks to all who gave me suggestions as to what I needed to do to empty my trash can! It had more than 1600 items living there. What a relief.😉

Jan

empty trash The operation can’t be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code -8003).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.