Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot open emails in safari comcast.net.

When I try to open emails in my comcast.net with Safari, I get a grey screen for an instant & can't open email. I am able to open email with the "Mail" icon.

I have done a reset, restart & sync. This has happened before and it seemed to fix itself, but I need to know how to permanetly fix this annoying problem.

Thanks for your help!

iPad, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Jul 3, 2011 9:33 AM

10 replies

Jul 3, 2011 12:05 PM in response to phyllisfrommurphys

I use comcast.net email via Safari on my iPad without issues as well. I just checked and all is fine. Normally I rely on the iPad's Mail App for reading and sending emails but while I participate on this site I like to keep the webmail open on the iPad or so that I can delete the emails from the server as I go along, if I get into one of those discussions that goes on forever and you end up with scads of emails.

Try this and see if it helps your issue. Go to Settings>Safari>Clear History, Cookies and Cache. Then restart your iPad by holding down on the sleep button until the red slider appears and slide to shut it off. Press the sleep button and hold for a second or two until the apple logo appears and let go of the button and let the device fully restart.

Launch Safari, go to your webmail and see if that made a difference.

Jul 3, 2011 1:29 PM in response to phyllisfrommurphys

I use the Xfinity Connect Lite version. Does your version look like this at all? It is really odd that the keyboard now pops up when you highlight an email.

You said that you did try a reset - this one? Hold down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple logo appears - ignore the red slider - let go of the buttons and let the iPad restart.

User uploaded file

Jul 7, 2011 8:17 AM in response to Demo

Everything has been working great until today - now I can't write the text in an email while in compose or reply. The cursor doesn't show in the edit area when I tap there. I can send a blank email ok.

I did a reset and cleaned out cache, etc. Still can't add text to email in Safari Comcast xfinity lite.

Thanks for your expertise!

Phyllis

Jul 7, 2011 9:33 AM in response to phyllisfrommurphys

My expertise is derived from other users expertise! You will again have to go back into the Comcast preferences on the server to to Composing and select Plain Text instead of HTML. I'm pretty sure that's how it will work for you. Try that. Don't forget to save the changes as well.

Frankly I rarely use the webmail on my iPad other than to read and delete messages from the server. I have set my Xfinity mail up in the mail app. There are alternatives as well - the Xfinity mobile app for email. You can find it in the app store. The last one that I know of is to use the mobile website. Here it is.

http://m.comcast.net/i/#main_menu

Personally, I can't get the mobile site to work well either so I have stayed away from it. I'm sure there is something that I have overlooked on the mobile site but since I have other, better alternatives that suit my needs, I never cared about mastering the site!

I cannot open emails in safari comcast.net.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.