Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The iPad connot be syned. The required file cannot be found.

On the iPad, the error message reads "iTunes Sync Neded - High resolution images synced via iTunes are missing. Connect your device to the computer you sync photos from and launch iTunes to sync them. All of the photos have disappeared from the ipad leaving only a white picutre fram where they once were (thats over 3,000 frames). ITunes displays the error message: The iPad cannot be syned. The reqired file cannot be found. Both iTunes and the iPad are on the current version 4.3.3. Computer is Windows Vista. I have never had any issues before. Cannot teace this to any changes on any devices other than updates toiTunes.

How do I fix this please? What file is missing?

Posted on Jul 3, 2011 11:02 AM

1 reply

Mar 4, 2015 6:25 AM in response to rob1pirate

After endless months of frustration about why my iPad would sometimes sync just fine and other times I'd keep getting the popup message:

iPad could not be synced because it could not be found

While perusing some Apple users' documentation for my old, first generation iPad, I finally found this one sentence buried deep:

iPad must be connected to a power source in order for it to sync.

So, it's not enough for your WiFi to be correctly configured and enabled on both the sending and receiving ends, you must have your device plugged into a power source anyway. Yes, it seems counter-intuitive because we tend to think of WiFi as doing away with the need for wires.

The iPad connot be syned. The required file cannot be found.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.