Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes error for my iPod Touch 4 "iTunes could not back up the iPod

Itunes error for my iPod Touch 4 "iTunes could not back up the iPod because a session could not be started with the iPod."

I can't figure out where to go to search this for help, direction and/or answers much appreciated. :-)

iPod touch, iOS 4.3.2, operating system is actually 4.3.3

Posted on Jul 3, 2011 12:54 PM

2 replies

Jul 3, 2011 2:14 PM in response to shelbeeray

Try moving the existing bacup file to a sae location and trying again. The backup file is located:

• Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/
  • Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
  • Windows Vista and Windows 7: \Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\

Jul 4, 2011 2:30 PM in response to lllaass

Thank you lllas, but while I do have Windows 7, I do not have that file path, beginning with AppData...

This happened once before and I ended up resetting my ipod. Now, I'm an APP ADDICT and starting over is a pain in the hiney because I have everything nicely organized and don't want to start over again. I hope I can find a permanent solution to this because I don't want to do this every month! :-}

Somewhere I read to delete the backup files from within iTunes, which I did (DUMB!) because now I don't have a backup. Of course, I don't know if a backup would be good anyway because it might have the cause of this issue within it.

I'm frustrated because I see this is an ongoing problem and there are some wierd solutions...i.e. change location on your pc to south america..????? LOL (yes, I tried it - no effect)

Pls help!😕

Itunes error for my iPod Touch 4 "iTunes could not back up the iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.