Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal Sync Issue

I have 3 macs, an iPhone and an iPad, all of which sync perfectly via mobile me. But... mac #4 - a Mac Pro dual quad... - will not sync with iCal (everything else syncs just fine).

When I open iCal I get this message: <The server did not recognize your user name or password for account “myname@me.com". Make sure you enter them correctly.> For some reason iCal - and iCal alone - is choking on my name/password, although other info (Bookmarks, Contacts, etc...) are not. I don't think it's even possible to enter the wrong login for just iCal alone - is it?

I've already trashed prefs, repaired permissions, unregistered & re-registerd this computer in the MoblieMe Sync Preferences, and tried to replace all info on this computer with the info on the server. Same result. It's all good except to iCal. Oh, and... this was happening prior to the 10.6.8 update.

Any sugestions?

Posted on Jul 3, 2011 2:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2011 10:38 PM

Greetings Ron,

1.) First make an iCal backup: Click on each calendar on the left hand side of iCal 1 at a time highlighting it's name and then going to File Export > Export and saving the resulting calendar file to a logical location for safekeeping.

2.) Go to Apple Menu > System Preferences > MobileMe > Sync -- Uncheck calendars so they do not sync. Calendars no longer sync with the new MobileMe calendar.

3.) Go into iCal > Preferences > Accounts and delete the MobileMe account from here.

4.) Remove the following to the trash and restart your computer:

Home > Library > Caches > com.apple.ical and/or just ical

Home > Library > Calendars > Calendar Cache, Cache, Cache 1, 2, 3, etc. (Do not remove Sync Cache or Theme Cache)

Home > Library > Preferences > com.apple.ical (There may be more than one of these. Remove them all.)

NOTE: Removing these files will remove any shared (CalDAV) calendars you may have access to. You will have to re-add those calendars to iCal > Preferences > Accounts.

5.) Once the computer is back up and running go to iCal > Preferences > Accounts, and add the MobileMe account using your MobileMe @me.com email address.

Hope that helps!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2011 10:38 PM in response to Ron Stephens1

Greetings Ron,

1.) First make an iCal backup: Click on each calendar on the left hand side of iCal 1 at a time highlighting it's name and then going to File Export > Export and saving the resulting calendar file to a logical location for safekeeping.

2.) Go to Apple Menu > System Preferences > MobileMe > Sync -- Uncheck calendars so they do not sync. Calendars no longer sync with the new MobileMe calendar.

3.) Go into iCal > Preferences > Accounts and delete the MobileMe account from here.

4.) Remove the following to the trash and restart your computer:

Home > Library > Caches > com.apple.ical and/or just ical

Home > Library > Calendars > Calendar Cache, Cache, Cache 1, 2, 3, etc. (Do not remove Sync Cache or Theme Cache)

Home > Library > Preferences > com.apple.ical (There may be more than one of these. Remove them all.)

NOTE: Removing these files will remove any shared (CalDAV) calendars you may have access to. You will have to re-add those calendars to iCal > Preferences > Accounts.

5.) Once the computer is back up and running go to iCal > Preferences > Accounts, and add the MobileMe account using your MobileMe @me.com email address.

Hope that helps!

iCal Sync Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.