Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need A-S-D 2.6.3!

I just converted my dual 2.5 to Quad with the twin Delphi pump setup. The tower already had a 1000w PSU in it so I believe i am good there. It booted up fine the first time with the old OS installed. I asked it to restart and now it won't boot. I get the red LED #2 overtemp light almost immediately. After a second or two i get the #7 LED. My guess is that there is a blockage in the waterblock on the CPU. Which isn't much of a problem with some compressed air I'll sort that out and I'll install a reservoir in the machine to refill the loop with PC-Ice or equivalent fluid.

So I wonder what LED7 is and if anyone has the support disk. I appreciate any help here as I am fairly new to Mac. But neck deep in PC's! Thanks all

PowerMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8), Quad G5 with Dual Delphi

Posted on Jul 3, 2011 4:54 PM

5 replies

Jul 4, 2011 6:57 AM in response to DasTweaker

Here is the kbase doc on the disgnostic LEDs at the User level:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2652?viewlocale=en_us

Further explanation for tech support personnel reveals that the meaning of a lit #7 is a CPU Hang.

Troubleshooting:

• Check RAM for function and seating.
  • Check that the processor assembly is seated properly.
  • Check that mounting screws are properly tightened.

Remedies:

• Remove processor assembly. Check for damaged pins on processor connector or logic board connector.
  • Replace processor.
  • Replace logic board.

Need A-S-D 2.6.3!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.