Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wells Fargo app/mobile website will not let me log in

I've been having problems using Wells Fargo's mobile website and app for the past several months. This happened on my BlackBerry and it is now occurring on my iPhone, also. Initially, I was able to log into the app and mobile website to view account balances/charges, pay bills, and transfer funds. Now, every time I try to log into either the app or the mobile website, I enter my username and password and click "Sign On" and it appears to be logging me in. I immediately get a screen that says "Your Wells Fargo Mobile session has ended. You will need to sign on again to view your account information." Since this problem has been occurring both with my old BB and iPhone, I'm wondering if it's something on WF's end or if there's something wrong with my phones' settings. Has anyone else had this problem? I've Googled this issue numerous times and have found few posts about it and zero solutions. I'll be emailing WF, as well.

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Jul 3, 2011 5:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2011 10:54 PM

It might be a problem with your app because I've been using the app for quite some time with no problem.

Perhaps try deleting the app and then reinstalling it.

10 replies

Jul 22, 2011 9:36 PM in response to gdgmacguy

Thanks for your reply, gdgmacguy. I don't think it's the app since I previously had problems with both the app and mobile website on my BlackBerry. Prior to that, both the app and mobile website worked on my BlackBerry. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app multiple times without any luck. The mobile website worked for the first time on my iPhone yesterday. I was able to review my accounts and purchases and make a money transfer. Unfortunately, the app still does not work. I have not yet received a reply from Wells Fargo about this issue.

Jan 15, 2014 12:22 PM in response to Lacey0584

I read your post and agree that there is definately a problem. I downloaded their mobile app because I want to make mobile deposits. As you stated, when I sign on, everything works, it appears that the sign on worked just fine. Then I get the notice: You must sign onto wellsfargo.com and answer a security question and then return to the mobile sign on. I spoke to their representative on the phone and they (WF) don't have a clue what the problem is. I find this unacceptable that a bank of this size cannot get their act together and get this mobile app problem fixed. I might have to move my business.P.S. I've tried everything from deleting and reinstalling the app to resetting my security questions in the Wells Fargo account. This is a glitch that has something to do with how the account is set up.

Jan 15, 2014 1:27 PM in response to Lacey0584

The WF app problem doesn't appear to be widespread. It is now my belief that because I was a Wachovia customer that perhaps the account's do not interchange? I am just troubleshooting. So, if there is anyone out there who uses the Wells Fargo mobile app and was a previous Wachovia customer, I would like to know if you are having a problem signing on using your iphone or ipad? Doesn't hurt to ask?

Aug 2, 2014 2:02 PM in response to mdouglas2011

Wells Fargo told me today that changing BOTH my userid and password and waiting 24-48 hours will reset the security question prompt. If, when logging in to the Wells Fargo website, you get the security question prompt every time the mobile app will not work.

Supposedly the above resets that annoyance as well as enables the mobile app again. I'll find out in 24 to 48 hours. 🙂

Aug 7, 2014 12:15 PM in response to sbonds

The trick is to try and sign on after the 48h, complete the security question one last time, and THEN it all works. To summarize:

1) change your username

2) change your password

3) log in, answering security question

4) wait 48h

5) log in, answering security question AGAIN

6) log out

7) log in, should NOT be prompted for security question this time

8) mobile app now works

What a pain! But at least it works... for now.

Wells Fargo app/mobile website will not let me log in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.