Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sustain bug in Mainstage 2.1.3?

Hi,

I updated MainStage and Mac OS X to the latest versions available (MS 2.1.3 and Mac OS X 10.6.8). Ever since those 2 updates I have a strange bug in the EVB3 organ: when my sustain pedal is pushed in, all played notes keep hanging after I release the sustain pedal. The only way to stop them without the panic button is hitting all the played notes again (they act like they are in some kind of "switch" (on/off) mode).

As a remedy I tried to filter the sustain pedal in the "Midi Input" pane in one of my EVB3 patches. Even stranger now was that the sustain pedal was also filtered in all my other EVB3-containing-patches, although that checkbox wasn't checked in those patches!

Anyone who has similar issues? Or even beter... a remedy? :-)

Thanks in advance,

Jasper.

Posted on Jul 4, 2011 1:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2011 3:18 AM

Oh yes, the sustain pedal bug is kind of enervating. However, filtering the sustain pedal in the MIDI input seems to be the only way to circumvent that problem, but you loose the option to "latch" the organ sound. I checked with my system and the filtering per patch does work here, but I checked it using two patches with evb3 loaded.

The best solution would be to have Apple fixing that bug or roll back to MS 2.1.2.

Best,

DaCaptain

23 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2011 3:18 AM in response to TriangleJuice

Oh yes, the sustain pedal bug is kind of enervating. However, filtering the sustain pedal in the MIDI input seems to be the only way to circumvent that problem, but you loose the option to "latch" the organ sound. I checked with my system and the filtering per patch does work here, but I checked it using two patches with evb3 loaded.

The best solution would be to have Apple fixing that bug or roll back to MS 2.1.2.

Best,

DaCaptain

Jul 4, 2011 4:40 AM in response to DaCaptain

Hi DaCaptain,

Thanks for the quick answer! Do you (or does anyone) know the best way to roll back to MainStage 2.1.2? I could easily replace the app from my Time Machine backup, but I'm not certain whether that's enough…

I guess I can't just run the 2.1.2 updater, but instead I'll have to install MainStage from scratch again and then run the updater?

TIA for your answer,

Jasper.

Aug 27, 2011 2:29 PM in response to TinMass

hmmm...

Logic update 9.1.5 fixed this problem in Logic, but *not* MainStage.

I would have thought the EVB3 was some kind of "internal" AudioUnit, and that the behavior across Logic Studio hosts would be the same... right now it's not that way, and... I'm hatin' the EVB3 as is with MainStage.

When's there going to be a fix for MainStage? I just want the same fix in MS as Apple has put in Logic 9.1.5.

hhhhmmmm

Aug 29, 2011 1:35 AM in response to TriangleJuice

Im really glad that others are taking this as seriously as I. When I updated it was on the morning of a big gig. Luckily I had first done as TM backup but for a few hours I was panicking! I posted here and seamed to get a somewhat sniffy reply indicating that it really was too minor to bother Apple about. For me it's huge though as I use EVB for about 90% of my gig!

Anyway I hoped that the Logic update would have solved it but alas no, still there in MS 😟

I will also try the GSi AU as it would be great to have a backup. According to the website sustain was fixed in 1.4 update DaCaptin - any more joy?

Regards

Andy.

PS - COME ON APPLE - FIX THIS SMALL BUT EXTREMELY SIGNIFICANT BUG PLEASE!!

Aug 29, 2011 1:40 AM in response to Bobby Simons

indeed, like the sound.

already own the Vintage Organs from Native Instruments as part of Komplete, so I had a fall-back, but *every* patch that had EVB3 needed to be changed to NI's instrument, which kinda sucked.

as for GSi's VB3, what bothers me is that it's only available as a 32-bit plug... they say just use the 32-bit bridge, but it there's something I'll *never* trust in a live rig, it's the 32-bit plug (it just quits... nice, NOT!)

But the point here is, Apple made a mistake, and fixed it in Logic, but not MainStage, and *that* bothers me most!!!

Michael

Feb 2, 2012 10:10 AM in response to Rick Benbow

it is fixed, in v2.2, which you'll have to purchase in the App Store. It's between 20 Euros and 30 US$. Version 2.2 also makes use of multiple CPU cores should you have an i5 or i7 processor (or a MacPro).

Yes, it's probably not fair that this fix never came out in MainStage even though the fixed it pretty quickly over in Logic...

I just want ahead and bought the upgrade to 2.2 and put this particular issue to rest.

Feb 19, 2012 3:53 AM in response to michaelhuisman

You've touched on something I'vew been wondering about; will there ever be a "normal/un-paid" upgrade to Mainstage, as it was up through 2.1.3? And when I go to purchase the updated vesion, I get a message saying that I've already got Mainsstage that wasn't purchased from the App Store, asking me if I really want to make the purchase.

I guess I just ignore the warning and go ahead? Thanks in advance for any sort of information.

Sustain bug in Mainstage 2.1.3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.