Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have changed the dates of photos in an event, but the event is still showing the original dates.

I have a batch of old photographs that I have recently scanned and imported into iPhoto 11. In iPhoto I changed the dates to the dates when the original photos were taken (between 1971 and 1976) using the "Adjust Date and Time" and "Batch Change" menu options. This works fine as each photo now shows the date on which it was taken rather than the scan date which appeared when the photos were imported. However, the event itself still shows the scan dates so it does not appear in the right place when sorting by date. I'm finding this most perplexing because I have many scans of old photos (one goes back to 1900) and have been able to change dates of individual photos and the event has followed suit. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

iPhoto '11, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Photos scanned using Nikon Scan 4.

Posted on Jul 4, 2011 4:34 AM

6 replies

I have changed the dates of photos in an event, but the event is still showing the original dates.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.