Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Set G4 1.25 ghz iMac w 10.4.11 to new virgin state

Happy fourth all, I've a new to me g4 1.25 ghz imac, and I loaded, and updated tiger to 10.4.11, after doing a 7 pass erase, and would now like to set it to a new never been turned on right out of the box condition. I'll then be transferring everything over from a g3 imac after getting everything in order, and cleaned up on it. I've found a few articles on the subject but apparently I've not found the right article addressing 10.4.11 on a g4 1.25 ghz imac fp as I haven't been able to get rid of all the accounts, and I sure would like to.

Thank you,

ez

Posted on Jul 4, 2011 7:12 AM

3 replies

Jul 4, 2011 11:42 AM in response to BDAqua

Hi, 🙂

For some reason while using terminal it wouldn't delete the accounts. So I presumed I've been using the wrong set of terminal commands for a g4 1.25 ghz fp imac running osx 10.4.11. I didn't fully realize this until transferring everything over via firewire, and setting the g3 into target disk mode. I was then prompted to replace or not my account on the g4 with the account on the g3. I opted to replace it, but more than halfway through the transfer the new pup here gave the power cord on the g3( it has a lose connection internally ) a yank, so had to start the whole transfer over again, and found out all 3 accounts were now duplicated 🙂.

Thank you,

ez

Just another apple cow being herded along by rancher jobs. 🙂

Set G4 1.25 ghz iMac w 10.4.11 to new virgin state

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.