Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Various network setups for media serving and backups

Are there any good sites, blog posts, etc that show different home network configurations with a Time Capsule, external HDs and Macs for handling backups and media serving? Right now I have a simple Setup where my TC backs up my MBP. I also have a couple externals HDs w a lot of music and video that's not in my iTunes library on the MBP, the HD of which is at capacity. I know I want to be able to easily access all of that content on my MBP, AppleTV, iPhone, iPad. I also want to have a good backup solution (possibly even a backup of the backup for redundancy). I just don't know the simplest way to do it and haven't found a good resource to see the alternatives and/or pros/cons of different configurations. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Posted on Jul 4, 2011 10:03 AM

There are no replies.

Various network setups for media serving and backups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.