Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apogee ONE

Hi

I was wondering if it's possible to have the Apogee One record on 2 channels "Stereo" instead of 1 channel "Mono"? I tried it on GarageBand and it only records on 1 channel unlike my old Fast Track Pro which records stereo. And would it make any difference in this regard if I'm using Logic Pro 9?

Thanks

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 4, 2011 4:08 PM

6 replies

Jul 7, 2011 4:16 PM in response to Foxboy71

I noticed that when I record vocals using the ONE and select the "Stereo" option instead of Mono, it only record on one channel. My question is that: could I use GarageBand or even Logic to do full mic? I used to own a PC before and I was running Adobe Audition, when I used the Fast Track, it recorded on one channel.. I use to select the full mix option and it copy the recorded L channel to the R channel.

Jul 8, 2011 1:27 AM in response to wmb1969

Hi,

don't know what you mean by "full mic", but there's

nothing easier than recording a mono signal to both left and right.

Create a Mono Audio track - select input 1 as input (your Apogee ONE).

Now, insert a gain utility plugin into the first plugin slot and select mono -> stereo. Voilá.

Also notice the little circle below the fader in the channelstrip and if there's a double peak level meter showing. Just click on the circle to switch the channel from mono to stereo and vice versa.

Fox

Mar 8, 2016 8:49 AM in response to wmb1969

Unfortunately the software drivers for the Apogee One force OSx to use stereo to accept the data. So the mac always sees a single mic attached to the Apogee One as a horribly imbalanced stereo pair with the left side containing the clean mic input and nothing on the right channel.

Apogee could have duplicated the signal on both channels or allow you to select one channel.

My other devices provide the option for mono or stereo. The Apogee product manager decided not to provide this.

I don't see any value in the mixer panel of Apogee Maestro 2.

This is exactly where you would want to fix the problem.

Mar 8, 2016 9:34 AM in response to Rich Rein

I found a hack solution.

Use the audio server JackPilot from Jack2 to create a mono virtual JackRouter device from the Apogee One.

Then you can use the Apogee One for general apps like quicktime and webex.

Set the input and output device to "ONE", the sample rate to match (96000), input/output channels to 2, and Virtual Input/Output Channels to 1.

Start the JackPilot server.

Then change your system audio input to JackRouter.

And it works. A lot of steps on power on, but it works.

Apogee ONE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.