Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Maps not work

It just quit while starting

iPad, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Jul 4, 2011 9:45 PM

22 replies

Sep 21, 2012 11:41 AM in response to dgirondi

No support for transit built in. Now list of directions. A big disappointment. I commute on the buss every day and my phone is all but useless for transit in my city. The two apps that are available for buss routs are also useless. They both do not give accurate times. One, the paid one for $2.99 is going to be returned because the only buss departure time listed in any city I have checked is the first time of the day.

They need to fix this now or give us Google maps as an app.

Sep 24, 2012 5:18 AM in response to Tcivera

Apple it's time for you guys to recognize this big time fail and fix it by allowing users to download the old Maps application. This new Maps is terrible in every single sense.

In less than a week you guys already managed to get a whole lot of custumers angry and leaving a whole bunch of others questioning if they should update to iOS6. The sane ones at this point probably won't.

If this isn't fixed soon -- and by soon I mean 10 days at best -- I for one will switch over to Android. At least they are not arrogant enough to hype something as being the "best in the world" while delivering something as crappy as this.

For your entertainment I leave you guys with this fantastic blog

http://theamazingios6maps.tumblr.com/

cheers!

Sep 24, 2012 11:33 AM in response to Tcivera

Apple needs to know that we will not stand up for inferiior products because Apple needs to make more money(see New York Time 9/24 business section.) This is not the credoi of Apple. . We are loyal because the stuff is good these Maps should never have been released to us without approval from us. I want my google map back NOW!! Giove me OS5 back!!! You are acting as though your financial health is more important than the consumer...

Sep 24, 2012 11:45 AM in response to Denny Abrams

There is actually a quick fix on their end. Just publish the old Maps as temporary fix, or release a iOS 6 patch that replaces this crap for the old one (which is ten thousand times better) until this one starts to work just like Google's one. Something that in my humble opinion won't happen within the next 8 months no matter how many employees they get from Google.

And honestly, Street View is way more usefull thant that crappy 3D fly over to impress blind people. I much rather get a real preview of where I'm going at street level than feel like Superman flying over selected melted cities.

Apple this time really underestimated their custumers ability to think.

Sep 25, 2012 8:32 AM in response to claudio.smith

Anything works better than the Apple® Maps®, even asking strangers around yields more accurate results.

But it's amazing how silent Apple has been about this entire catastrophe. This cleary shows that they (as a company) are not prepared to handle any failures and are not humble enough to admit and provide imediate options to fix it's customers problems showing the least amount of respect.

Sep 28, 2012 11:33 AM in response to Valmetshooter

I agree. I've been an Apple user ever since the Mac Plus, over 30 years of more than satisfactory experience working and using Apple products. Maps has to be the biggest dissappointment I have ever experienced. It would be easy to say Steve Jobs is no longer there, hence the degrading of product lines, but that would be to simple an explanation. Apple is getting to "big" and I think we will start to see the degradation of product offerings just like Microsoft, IBM etc. To bad - I always believed Apple would be the exception to the rule.

Sep 28, 2012 12:24 PM in response to 4most

Couldn't agree more. Too big and too greedy. But this I think is more of an issue related to their pretenciousness.

Which even though is something that they always had, they always managed to be intelligent enough to not underestimate their customers. It's a shame that now this no longer seems to be the case.

I really can't understand how a company this big, with the name it has and a tradidion to always bring stuff that "simply work" and are pristine in nature in most senses could rush the development of a core application so much to the point of not realizing it was not only working but was inferior to something that they already had. This is beyond me to understand.

No to mention the quantity of wrong maps and entire areas covered by clouds. This is too stupid to be Apple. Steve Jobs is probably rolling in his grave.

Anyways... if this is what Apple has become, I think it's time to look elsewhere.

Maps not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.