Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to set App store Languages?

I travel a lot and when I am not in a English speaking country it is all of a sudden in a foreign language. How do I stop this? Or where are the preferences? How to fix? Does anybody know if Apple has a paper on this?

MBP, MM, MBP - 10.6 + Windooz XP on a hard partition

Posted on Jul 4, 2011 11:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2011 6:35 AM

The app is probably reading your IP and presenting the store for the nation from which you are connecting.

Are you signed into your account? Accounts are for specific stores, so if you sign into your account the app should adjust the store to the one to which your account is associated. You can also scroll to the bottom of a MAS page and click the circular flag icon to change the app store from country to country.

41 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2011 6:35 AM in response to ChangeAgent

The app is probably reading your IP and presenting the store for the nation from which you are connecting.

Are you signed into your account? Accounts are for specific stores, so if you sign into your account the app should adjust the store to the one to which your account is associated. You can also scroll to the bottom of a MAS page and click the circular flag icon to change the app store from country to country.

Jul 6, 2011 1:06 AM in response to Dah•veed

Dah•veed wrote:

I suspect you are right.

I try that

Jul 13, 2011 10:22 PM in response to ChangeAgent

Hi, I live in Mexico. But can't find the way to display the store in english, or the option to select the app In the language I want. When trying to buy from the US store (that displays in english). It denies the purchase until I change to Mexico (store) but displays eveything again in spanish!! Is there a language button? My Mac's language button is already in English.

Jul 15, 2011 10:12 AM in response to Dah•veed

Don't be such a square. All I'm trying to say is that this apple web design limits our options, instead of giving us options.

That maybe it would be bettet to have the country button to be used for changing language. And if there are specific products that can't be sold on specific countries, they could be identified by code and treated in a specific way.

I personally think this model or something like this, would be a more frendly user web site.

How to set App store Languages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.