Previous 1 2 3 Next 41 Replies Latest reply: Aug 8, 2013 7:04 AM by C B Good Branched to a new discussion.
ChangeAgent Level 1 Level 1

I travel a lot and when I am not in a English speaking country it is all of a sudden in a foreign language.  How do I stop this?  Or where are the preferences? How to fix?  Does anybody know if Apple has a paper on this?

MBP, MM, MBP - 10.6 + Windooz XP on a hard partition
Solved by ChangeAgent on Jul 6, 2011 1:18 AM Solved

Found it, there is a flag at the bottom of the store and if you click on it you can change the language.

Reply by Dah•veed on Jul 5, 2011 6:35 AM Helpful

The app is probably reading your IP and presenting the store for the nation from which you are connecting.

Are you signed into your account? Accounts are for specific stores, so if you sign into your account the app should adjust the store to the one to which your account is associated. You can also scroll to the bottom of a MAS page and click the circular flag icon to change the app store from country to country.

Reply by blackpaw on Oct 26, 2011 6:36 AM Helpful

Relax, people, Apple probably is the last company that would like to stop people from "thinking different"

But our Mexican friend is also right, Apple won't read here, this is a user forum.

So, to solve the iTunes store language problem:

Just ask a friend (or relative) to use his or her address to register an additional apple ID without a credit card.

You can then use iTunes gift cards (or purchase credits online) to charge your account and buy apps/music in the iTunes store you want.

I am German, living in the Netherlands but prefer my stuff in English, I have three Apple IDs

iPhone, iPad and my Mac have no problems with multiple IDs, you just have to enter the three of them when you back up and to update all apps simultaneously. (apparently also iCloud doesn't like multiple accounts on one machine but hey... as long as I can buy my apps I don't care)

As the money is flowing to the respective store also Apple does not mind. You just can't use a Dutch CreditCard for US purchases, that won't work.

Instructions how to set up an Apple ID without a password:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2534

Success to all you Expats

All replies

• Dah•veed Level 7 Level 7
    expertise.macappstore
    Mac App Store

The app is probably reading your IP and presenting the store for the nation from which you are connecting.

Are you signed into your account? Accounts are for specific stores, so if you sign into your account the app should adjust the store to the one to which your account is associated. You can also scroll to the bottom of a MAS page and click the circular flag icon to change the app store from country to country.

• ChangeAgent Level 1 Level 1

Dah•veed wrote:

I suspect you are right.

I try that

Found it, there is a flag at the bottom of the store and if you click on it you can change the language.

• yin0 Level 1 Level 1

Hi, I live in Mexico. But can't find the way to display the store in english, or the option to select the app In the language I want. When trying to buy from the US store (that displays in english). It denies the purchase until I change to Mexico (store) but displays eveything again in spanish!! Is there a language button? My Mac's language button is already in English.

expertise.macappstore
    Mac App Store

The MAS displays in the official language of the country whose store it is. The Mexican Store has no English version. The only way to purchase from a country's store is the have a bank card with a billing address native to that country.

that is a pain!  100% sure?

expertise.macappstore
    Mac App Store

Yes.

• yin0 Level 1 Level 1

That's ridiculous!! no translations!!

expertise.macappstore
    Mac App Store

How is that ridiculous. We here in Mexico do not need a translation, Spanish is out mother tongue.

It would be very expensive, time consuming work to provide everyone with the translation of the store they wished to view in their chosen language.

If you live here, learn our language.

• yin0 Level 1 Level 1

Don't be such a square. All I'm trying to say is that this apple web design limits our options, instead of giving us options.

That maybe it would be bettet to have the country button to be used for changing language. And if there are specific products that can't be sold on specific countries, they could be identified by code and treated in a specific way.

I personally think this model or something like this, would be a more frendly user web site.

expertise.macappstore
    Mac App Store

Are you an expert in webdesign? Especially in vending/storefront webdesign?

Each separate Apple online store is the product of interfacing with local financial systems, local tax and tariff, product vender licensing, language resources, etc. Can you point us to a store that operates in the manner that you want?

• yin0 Level 1 Level 1

yeah you'r right, it's too dificult, it could never work out.

• Pulp1 Level 1 Level 1

Hi can anyone tell me how to do this with an iPad? I'm living in Amsterdam but would like my language set to English.

Thanks!!

expertise.macappstore
    Mac App Store

The Netherlands Store is not available in English.

Previous 1 2 3 Next