Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imagents wants to use the keychain login

After startup I get to enter the password to approve that imagents use the keychain login all the time.

How can I get rid of this without uninstalling Facetime?

imac

Posted on Jul 4, 2011 11:53 PM

7 replies

Jul 5, 2011 8:54 AM in response to sig

Thought it had something to do with Facetime, but found out that it is not specific Facetime,and it can be from other programms as well.

Have no idea which imagents they are; spotlight search does not show anything when searching for imagent, and it does only mention what I have written: Imagent needs to access your keychain, and asks me for my password.

Jul 14, 2011 10:25 PM in response to yvesleon3105

Has anyone been able to solve this issue without having to uninstall Facetime? This issue message first started popping up for me when I restored my Mac from a Time Machine backup... now every time I boot my computer and log in, this message appears... it stopped when I uninstalled Facetime, but came back when I reinstalled it. I'd prefer to be able to continue to use Facetime, but if I can't find a solution, I'll have no choice but to use another video chat program...

Jul 15, 2011 8:29 PM in response to greggfrombaldwin

I actually figured out what the issue was... I recently changed my login keychain's password so that it was different from my user login password. I guess that caused keychain access to do some wacky things, cuz once I changed the password back, all the "imagent wants to use keychain login" prompts stopped appearing. I hope that helps everyone else!

imagents wants to use the keychain login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.