Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iMac just crashed, and I had some documents open in Pages that were unsaved. Is there a temporary file or backup file that I can access as on a PC? (I have just looked in Timemachine which I had operating, but it did not seem to have any temp files).

My iMac just crashed, and I had some documents open in Pages that were unsaved. Is there a temporary file or backup file that I can access as on a PC? (I have just looked in Timemachine which I had operating, but it did not seem to have any temp files in it at all - not sure what it would be useful for then).

Any suggestions?

Posted on Jul 5, 2011 2:35 AM

4 replies

Jul 5, 2011 3:26 AM in response to br121

Question asked and answered several times.

If you didn't save, nothing is recoverable.

iWork apps don't create temp files so, as far as you on't save something, Time Machine can't archive it.

Yvan KOENIG (VALLAURIS, France) mardi 5 juillet 2011 12:25:31

iMac 21”5, i7, 2.8 GHz, 4 Gbytes, 1 Tbytes, mac OS X 10.6.8

Please : Search for questions similar to your own

before submitting them to the community

To be the AW6 successor, iWork MUST integrate a TRUE DB, not a list organizer !

Jul 5, 2011 2:36 PM in response to br121

I work on a MAC, and I've had an unexpected shut down while working in Pages many times. Unfortunately, there's no autosave feature, but it would be a great addition to the next version (along with a number of other features). The most I can suggest is SAVE more often than you might with other documents. I know how frustrating and maddening it can be to work on a Pages layout only to see all the work go poof when something unknown causes a quit.

Jul 5, 2011 6:47 PM in response to ReyCarr

Hi Rey,

You wrote: "it would be a great addition to the next version (along with a number of other features)."

Feature requests need to go directly to Apple if they're to be acted upon. Most current Apple applications (including Pages) have a Provide (application) Feedback item in the application menu (in Pages, that's the Pages menu). That's a direct route to Apple. This space is a direct route to users like yourself.

Regards,

Barry

Jul 6, 2011 2:09 AM in response to Barry

No need to file a report, the new operating system (to be delivered this month) will autosave automatically and, more, will keep track of every changes applied to the documents.

Yvan KOENIG (VALLAURIS, France) mercredi 6 juillet 2011 11:09:38

iMac 21”5, i7, 2.8 GHz, 4 Gbytes, 1 Tbytes, mac OS X 10.6.8

Please : Search for questions similar to your own before submitting them to the community

To be the AW6 successor, iWork MUST integrate a TRUE DB, not a list organizer !

My iMac just crashed, and I had some documents open in Pages that were unsaved. Is there a temporary file or backup file that I can access as on a PC? (I have just looked in Timemachine which I had operating, but it did not seem to have any temp files).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.