Welcome to the Apple Community.
There were problems with the Apple TV update servers recently and numerous users reported a problem updating. I haven't seen any reports of failed updates in the last 24 or so hours and had wondered if it had all been resolved, but perhaps not.
The same problem was occurring when the update was attempted via iTunes, so assuming the problem still exists connecting to iTunes won't help. Connecting to iTunes is really only required when the software on the Apple TV has become corrupt.
Sorry I can't be more helpful, I'm not sure anyone here is fully aware of the position relating to the updates.
Thank you for the quick response. I have not been home in the past two days to try updating it again, so maybe it will work when I get there later today.
Is it possible that if it still will not update to be a corruption in the update coding of the software?
Would it just be better to wait until iOS 5 is released and then update to the newest software (if it will work this time)?
The issue I think you'll have is that the Apple TV will annoy you by keep prompting you to update. The 4.2.1 to 4.2.2 update included:
- Addresses an issue in which audio is not output when playing some video content.
- Addresses an issue in which video is not displayed when playing some content.
- Adds an audio output setting for switching to 16-bit audio for compatibility with some TVs and AV receivers.
- Improves the performance of fast-forwarding and rewinding live events.
- Addresses an issue in which the description information is not displayed for some movies.
- Addresses an issue in which YouTube subscription videos were not ordered by date.
If none of these issues affect you, you may not be too worried about updating.
If the software needs updating by connecting with iTunes, you will usually see the logo c/w a USB cord displayed on screen.