Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Faulty Lock Screen

This is a really annoying fault, which seems to be coming more and more frequent.

From Settings -> Exposé & Spaces -> Corner -> Put Display to Sleep

I go to that corner and the computer locks, when i move the mouse, a black screen with the "unlock computer" box comes up. All seems correct.

But sometimes, when I put my display to sleep, and move the mouse, i get the "unlock computer" box, BUT MY WHOLE session is free to use! I can move my mouse and look through all my documents, open new programs.etc like a normal usage. I just cannot use my keyboard!

This is really annoying, as I am always having to relock up to 5 times to make sure my computer is "safe". Knowning that my password is useless as people can just come onto my mac and go onto my mail or... internet.etc

Any ideas?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 5, 2011 11:44 AM

9 replies

Faulty Lock Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.