Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Freezing issues with Safari 5.0.5

I am using a 2011 Macbook Pro core i7 2.0ghz and Safari 5.0.5 is acting strangely.

Firstly, sometimes when I am on youtube the video will keep playing but I cannot click anything on the webpage. The whole page is unresponsive. I cannot scrub through the video, pause it or click any links on the page. I loaded up the same page on Firefox and it works fine.

Also the above happens on google too. I typed in a search and hit enter and nothing happens it didnt register that I had clicked search or hit enter.

Secondly sometimes the webpage will hang and not load. It will load up about a inch of the blue loading bar then hang and nothing happens. Other occassions the grey spindle by the refresh button will just spin endlessly and not stop.

I have had none of these issues on Firefox on the same webpages.

Is it a hardware or software issue?

Posted on Jul 5, 2011 12:44 PM

1 reply

Jul 5, 2011 1:02 PM in response to KYL

OK now it seems Safari is not functioning on any webpage. I just tried Play.com and Amazon.co.uk and the search function is not working at all. I type in a search and hit enter or click the search button and nothing happens? It doesnt register at all. I can click links to products on the same page though.

Freezing issues with Safari 5.0.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.