Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to apply a URL-based proxy to specific web sites?

I've done some googling to find out how to do this, but I'm confused by both the suggestions and the plethora of proxy options that aren't explained in the help.

I'm a college student, and I often access online journals, e.g. portal.acm.org, which I find through Google Scholar. When I'm on campus, I'm automatically identified as a subscriber, and I don't have to do anything special to download document. When I'm off campus, I have to insert a proxy server name appended to the original hostname.

First of all, I have no idea which of the many proxy schemes this corresponds to. Can someone illuminate this for me?

Secondly, obviously not everything needs to go through this proxy. In fact, only a handful of sites do. Is there a way to make a list of those domains, so that they automatically get appended?

Thanks!

Posted on Jul 5, 2011 4:03 PM

There are no replies.

How to apply a URL-based proxy to specific web sites?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.