Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

understanding merge

I'm trying to use merge to eliminate duplicate master images between multiple Libraries but it doesn't seem to work.

In my master Library (A) I move all the photos from a year into a Project entitle with the year (2010)

I do the same in Library B; (2010).

I then export that project from Library B; (2010).

I then import that Library (2010) into my Master Library A.

The Master Library has a Project in it entitled 2010. The imported Library has a Project in it entitled (2010) but they are not merged. It simply imports the Library and creates a 2nd Project entitled 2010 (1).

What am I not understanding about the merge function?

Posted on Jul 5, 2011 5:15 PM

2 replies

Jul 5, 2011 6:27 PM in response to Michael Teel

If I am understanding what you are trying to do correctly, the normal procedure would be:

Use 'Project' view in Master Library A > select '2010' project in browser > Control-Click the project > Import | Library/Project command > select the exported 2010 library from Library B.

AFAIK, that should work.

Note - if you made edits to one or more of the images in both libraries, you will get the conflict dialog allowing you to select which library will be preferred for the conflicts (which will apply to all such conflicts during that import). 😉

understanding merge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.