Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I transfer my contacts to my new iPhone 4 from a samsung phone?

iPhone 4, iOS 4.2

Posted on Jul 6, 2011 7:12 AM

13 replies

Aug 31, 2012 5:38 AM in response to brendafromarlington

Sometimes copy via sim card does not work (not all contacts copied, names truncated etc). You can use Samsung PC Studio to export contacts to CSV file. Then import CSV file into iPhone with app "Contacts In : Import CSV Contacts" (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/contacts-in-import-csv-contacts/id549639443?ls=1& mt=8).

Details here:

http://csvcontacts.wordpress.com/samsung-to-iphone/

Sep 8, 2012 4:26 AM in response to brendafromarlington

I have had problems with this as I am about to upgrade from Samsung i9000 (Galaxy S) to iPhone 4s. Eventually I emailed my phone contacts to myself from my galaxy phone (go into contacts on your phone / then 'import - export' / then 'send name card via' / then 'select all' / then tap 'send' / then tap 'email' option / then email to yourself.

You will then receive an email with your samsung contacts all saved in the CVS format as an attachment, which will import straight into your contacts on your Mac, iPad or iPhone. Works in 5 minutes and seamlessly! NOTE.. you need to have your email account set up on your Samsung phone / Apple devices to achieve this! Hope this helps :)

Sep 23, 2013 8:30 AM in response to brendafromarlington

First, make sure you've set up your e-mail account on your new iPhone. Then, back on your computer, send yourself an e-mail with the VCF file as an attachment. Open that e-mail on your iPhone and tap the attachment, located at the bottom of the message. At the top, tap "Add all contacts." Your contacts will be saved to your iPhone.

There are several ways to transfer your contacts from New iPhone 4 to Samsung phone. You can use the Gmail Contacts Sync or third party apps. Phone Contact Transfer can transfer all the data such as Contacts, SMS, music, videos, images and apps from an existing phone to another phone with ease and without worrying about any data loss.

Feb 12, 2014 6:10 PM in response to angelofrancis

angelofrancis wrote:

First, make sure you've set up your e-mail account on your new iPhone. Then, back on your computer, send yourself an e-mail with the VCF file as an attachment. Open that e-mail on your iPhone and tap the attachment, located at the bottom of the message. At the top, tap "Add all contacts." Your contacts will be saved to your iPhone.

There are several ways to transfer your contacts from New iPhone 4 to Samsung phone. You can use the Gmail Contacts Sync or third party apps. Phone Contact Transfer can transfer all the data such as Contacts, SMS, music, videos, images and apps from an existing phone to another phone with ease and without worrying about any data loss.

Basically, you can transfer this way. But some ROMs of Android has removed supports from Email and not every Android supports VCF file export. Still, you can transfer your contacts from Android to iPhone with Gmail original contacts syncing.

Feb 19, 2014 1:36 AM in response to brendafromarlington

brendafromarlington wrote:

There is an old fashioned way I found on the internet:

You like keeping a hard copy of your contacts on your computer, or don't trust cloud syncing, you can export your contacts from your Android phone as a .vcf file, and import that into either the Contacts app on your Mac, or into Contacts at iCloud.com

Start with your Android phone in hand and complete the following steps:

Launch the Contacts app.

Hit the Menu button.

Find the Import/Export option and select it.

Choose the option to export your contacts to storage.

Now either manually pull it from your phone to your computer or email it to yourself.

Once you've got the file containing your contacts you can either open it in the Contacts app on your Mac or upload it to iCloud.com.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.