Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DOES MAC OSX 10.6.8 WORK WITH PRO TOOLS 9HD?

I'VE UPGRADED MY OPERATING SYSTEM TO OS X 10.6.8 AND HAVE BEEN HAVING PROBLEMS WITH PRO TOOLS 9HD EVER SINCE. IS ANYONE HAVING THIS SAME ISSUE AND ARE THERE ANY SUGGESTIONS? IF I NEED TO GO BACK DOWN TO OS X 10.6.7 TO RUN PRO TOOLS, HOW WOULD I DO THAT. BUT MY MAIN CONCERN IS, IS THERE ACTUALLY A COMPATIBILITY ISSUE WITH OS X 10.6.8 & PRO TOOLS? AND INFORMATION OR KNOWLEDGE ON THE SUBJECT MATTER WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

OS X 10.6.8 & PRO TOOLS 9 HD-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8), PRO TOOLS 9HD HAS STOPPED RESPONDIN

Posted on Jul 6, 2011 12:03 PM

2 replies

Jul 6, 2011 1:37 PM in response to LACEYMUSICK

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/selfservice/search.jsp?DocId=411871

Forum Tip: It is generally considered inappropriate to type all in uppercase letters in Internet discussions, as text that is typed all in uppercase is by convention considered to be shouting. Uppercase is also more difficult to read, so please use all uppercase sparingly and only when you really mean to shout, which we hope you won’t need to do here . 🙂

Regards.

Jul 20, 2011 2:53 PM in response to LACEYMUSICK

I have a Macbook Pro running 10.6.8. Started to install the 002_003 drivers while downloading PT9. After the restart, I had a weird pattern across the bottom of the screen and had lost about 40% of the screen brightness. The Avid support guy deinstalled ProTools (8) and it cleared up when it restarted.

Now I am faced with either reverting to 10.6.7 (pain) or reinstalling PT8 and waiting until Avid supports 10.6.8 (also a pain because they have my $$ for PT9 and it's unusable).

I'm sure Avid has this information on their site, but I assumed too much... Crap.

DOES MAC OSX 10.6.8 WORK WITH PRO TOOLS 9HD?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.