Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail/Clipboard disconnect

This is the 2nd time in just 2-3 days that I've had a really bizarre problem with the clipboard: it is not playing well together when going from PC-ish stuff to MacMail...

Today's problem: trying to copy some paragraphs from an Internet Explorer-accessed website on my windows PC (accessed via mac-> Microsoft remote desktop to my PC -> Internet explorer) to a note in Mail (on the mac), using ctrl-C to copy while in the remote desktop window, then going to the open message in Mail and clicking cmd-V, getting nothing to paste. Verified the info was on the clipboard by copying to a note in Outlook on the remote desktop. Able to circumvent issue by pasting into TextEdit, changing to plain text, copying/pasting from there to Mail.

Eerily similar issue the other direction: trying to copy an e-mail exchange into an open note in a program run in citrix desktop directly on my mac (ctrl-V), getting nothing pasting to the citrix desktop note, but finally solved the issue by pasting in TextEdit, converting to plain text, recopying and pasting to the kids note.

This is a new level of PITA for communication across platforms--I've had times before where I had to attempt copy/paste procedures more than once to get them to go, when I accidentally used ctrl-c or ctrl-v while on the mac side of things, or cmd-c or cmd-v on the citrix/PC/windows side of things but not like this until this week.

Mac is on 10.6.8, mail is 4.5 (1084).

Any thoughts?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jul 6, 2011 7:35 PM

2 replies

Jul 23, 2011 12:46 PM in response to Donot Haveone

Sat with my tech support at work and we tried to figure this one out, and after multiple attempts to troubleshoot, is appears that the issue is related to formatting problems in Mail, not in the other programs I'm working with. Apple phone support was also unsuccessful (and not appearing to care much as it is not an intercompatibility problem with their own software). Has no one else ever seen this issue?

Mail/Clipboard disconnect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.