10 Replies Latest reply: Aug 29, 2011 11:49 AM by triniman411
Mike Bisom1 Level 4 (3,535 points)

So, I use WHCC for my lab. They supply printer profiles. So far so good. I have put these profiles in both the system and user ColorSync Profiles folder. These profiles show up in my Color Sync Utility but they don't show up in Aperture??

Now what?

Thanks

PS- upgrading computers is a real PIA

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7), 10GB Ram
  • Kirby Krieger Level 6 (12,510 points)

Just to make sure: have you closed and re-opened Aperture once the profiles were in place?

• Mike Bisom1 Level 4 (3,535 points)

I have even re-started the computer, repaired permissions, and run Disk Warrior.

Are these ICC profiles?  and do any profiles you've added show up in "View→Proofing Profile"?

I can't think of any reason they shouldn't show up (as long as they are in the right place, have their file name extensions intact, and Aperture has been re-started).  Does WHCC list this as a known problem w. Aperture?

Yes, these are ICC profiles and they are showing up in Photoshop, just not Aperture. A call to WHCC didn't do any good... the rep I spoke with wasn't even aware of a program called Aperture. And maybe this is trivial, but the profiles that are listed are all over the place whereas on my old computer and Aperture 2, the profiles where in alphabetical order. I am in the processing of re-installing Aperture now to see it that solves the issue.

Well, a reinstall of Aperture didn't do anything. I have a call into AppleCare to so if they can figure out and they are suppose to call me back. It would be one thing if the profiles didn't show up at all, but Photoshop and the ColorSync utility see them just fine... it is only Aperture that refuses to cooperate.

Still fishing ... is Aperture installed in the Admin account?

What version of OS X?

And, again just to confirm, you put the profiles is this folder:

~/Users/username/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/

You might check the permissions for that folder.

Ap3 does not sort the profiles (afaict).  It groups them (not terribly usefully).

Keep fishing

I am using 10.6.7 and A3. The profiles are in both the ~/.../Profiles and Macintosh HD/Library/ etc... Permissions have been repaired along with running Disk Warrior. Here is where is gets really interesting, the same profiles are visible to Aperture (version 2) on my "old" G5 running Leopard. The profiles in that version of Aperture are also nicely sorted. On the new system (Mac Pro/Snow Leopard/ Aperture 3) they are NOT visible. AND, according to a WHCC representative (I talked to someone different this time), it is a "known" but undocumented issue.

Say what you will, so far I am not thrilled with this switch to Intel. It is very "un-Mac" like.

So now I just wait and see if WHCC updates their profiles or if I switch labs or if it even matters… once I get a calibrater that will work with Snow Leopard!

<sigh>

• triniman411 Level 1 (0 points)

Hey Mike,

Did you ever sort this out? I'm having the exact issue.

No. The last I heard is that WHCC needs to update their profiles. I have been able to calibrate my display (using i1 Display Pro), but not to the accuracy I had with my G5. Profiles are still a jumbled mess in A3. Wish I could be more help. I do enjoy the new software and speed of the newer computer, I just wish it was more seemless like my G5.

• triniman411 Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks for the response Mike. I do like the software and I would like to stay within it as much as possible, but it seems like there are some things that will just take a little longer.