Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Color Profiles Not Showing Up in Aperture 3

So, I use WHCC for my lab. They supply printer profiles. So far so good. I have put these profiles in both the system and user ColorSync Profiles folder. These profiles show up in my Color Sync Utility but they don't show up in Aperture??

Now what?

Thanks

PS- upgrading computers is a real PIA

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7), 10GB Ram

Posted on Jul 6, 2011 10:45 PM

10 replies

Jul 7, 2011 9:58 AM in response to Kirby Krieger

Yes, these are ICC profiles and they are showing up in Photoshop, just not Aperture. A call to WHCC didn't do any good... the rep I spoke with wasn't even aware of a program called Aperture. 😟 And maybe this is trivial, but the profiles that are listed are all over the place whereas on my old computer and Aperture 2, the profiles where in alphabetical order. I am in the processing of re-installing Aperture now to see it that solves the issue.

Jul 7, 2011 12:23 PM in response to Kirby Krieger

Keep fishing 🙂

I am using 10.6.7 and A3. The profiles are in both the ~/.../Profiles and Macintosh HD/Library/ etc... Permissions have been repaired along with running Disk Warrior. Here is where is gets really interesting, the same profiles are visible to Aperture (version 2) on my "old" G5 running Leopard. The profiles in that version of Aperture are also nicely sorted. On the new system (Mac Pro/Snow Leopard/ Aperture 3) they are NOT visible. AND, according to a WHCC representative (I talked to someone different this time), it is a "known" but undocumented issue.

Say what you will, so far I am not thrilled with this switch to Intel. It is very "un-Mac" like.

So now I just wait and see if WHCC updates their profiles or if I switch labs or if it even matters… once I get a calibrater that will work with Snow Leopard!

<sigh>

Aug 29, 2011 11:38 AM in response to triniman411

No. The last I heard is that WHCC needs to update their profiles. I have been able to calibrate my display (using i1 Display Pro), but not to the accuracy I had with my G5. Profiles are still a jumbled mess in A3. Wish I could be more help. I do enjoy the new software and speed of the newer computer, I just wish it was more seemless like my G5.

Color Profiles Not Showing Up in Aperture 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.