Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera connection kit

I just had a look on ebay for an ipad camera connection kit. Most of what came up were 3rd party kits;

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=apple+came ra+connection+kit+ipad&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Anyone tried these? Are they a good idea or would I be best adviced to stick with the (overpriced) official Apple kit?

iPad 2

Posted on Jul 6, 2011 11:24 PM

10 replies

Jul 6, 2011 11:35 PM in response to Kappy

If you look again, you'll see that many of those items are not the Apple-branded product. I haven't used the third-

Party products, but I've used the Apple kit and it works. It will copy both RAW and JPEG images from the flash card. Copying six or eight Gigs of photos takes a long time, like twenty minutes, and you can't choose between RAW and JPEG, but it's a great way to preview your photos in the field.

Jul 7, 2011 8:14 AM in response to tonefox

tonefox wrote:

You never had a computer that loaded programs from a cassette recorder, did you? 😁😁

Ah, those were the days. Waiting 15 minutes for my Commodore 64 games to load up ........ then the thing would just lock up or crash!! It's just not the same with an ipad is it? I liked those old days.

Anyway, has anyone tried one of those 3rd party (if in fact they are 3rd party?! There seems to be some debate) camera connection kits? If I knew they worked okay I'd buy one because they are much cheaper than the overpriced Apple stuff. Apple really take the michael with the prices of some of their products. They would rule the World if they could get their prices down a little 😉

Jul 7, 2011 8:36 AM in response to Dogboy73

Any two-bit factory can make a cheap clone of an Apple product, and they provide no warranty, and there's really nowhere to return it if it doesn't work, and no QA testing, and if removing a voltage protection diode saves two cents, they'll remove it.

Quality is free, because everything else costs more. They aren't the stratospherically-priced arrogant company they used to be, although I think their desktop Mac pricing is ridiculous and they really out to put out a basic, three-slot, two-drive desktop computer that uses ordinary desktop parts and attaches to a plain old monitor. Dell sells such a thing for about $350. I'd happily pay Apple $600 for a similar, basic box.

Jul 10, 2011 2:45 PM in response to Phoney

Phoney wrote:

Any two-bit factory can make a cheap clone of an Apple product

😁 They are probably made in the same place as the Apple stuff! Only difference is that we are stupid enough to pay the Apple prices for something which should cost peanuts! £25 is far to much for this product. I'm still looking to buy a genuine Apple camera connection kit by the way 😝

Jul 14, 2011 2:30 AM in response to Dogboy73

I've been bidding for several used Apple Camera Connection kits on e-bay. They all end up over £20, which you can find new ones for if you shop around. So in the end I decided to buy a 2-in-1 3rd party adapter from e-bay. I saw reviews of these on YouTube & they seemed to work perfectly well so for £4.99 (5 times less than the official product) I thought it was worth taking a chance on. I'll post back when I've received & tried it 😉

Camera connection kit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.