Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flickering green screen

When I export my finished project, it gets green flickering graphics over the videoimage on huge parts of my movie, some parts play OK, but other parts get this green flickering over the movie. I am at work now, so I can't upload a screenshot. The movie plays fine inside FCPX.

I tried eksporting, using export movie - current settings, and export movie -H.264, and prores. I even tried to share it via compressor. The result is the same. I tried with different projects - same result. I even tried with a "pure" project (no transistions, generators, effects or anything) - same result.

I had no problems like this earlier. A couple of days ago I installed some free motion templates and some effects from FXfactory. I think it was after that the problems started. I deleted the free motion templates, and uninstalled the fxfactory app (with appcleaner), but it doesn't help.

I\m thinking of reinstalling fcpx, but how do I do that without losing my imported media?

Anyone experienced the same problems? Or anyone with a suggestion to a solution?

Thanks

Posted on Jul 7, 2011 12:16 AM

9 replies

Jul 7, 2011 12:44 PM in response to Gunfighter

I can´t see how the footage could be corrupted. I tried import a couple of clips now directly from my card. Same problems there, so I don´t think the files are corrupted, it must be something else.

If I copy the final cut events folder and the projects folder - uninstall fcpx - and then reinstall - can I simply drag the copied folders in to the the appropriate folders in the new installment of fcpx?

Jul 7, 2011 2:23 PM in response to Gunfighter

I tried again to export a project that resided on my internal HD. Now it worked like a charm. The thing that worries me, is that it seems totally random. I haven´t done anything different then when I tried earlier today (and I got the flickering green screen shown above).

Makes me wonder??

How can I trust a software that acts irrationally like this? What is causing it? Why did it get fixed by itself? Will it work tomorrow and so on?

Btw, being just an amateur, I must say that I really enjoy many of the features in fcpx, but I am disappointed about this random thing describes in the post.

Jul 9, 2011 8:23 PM in response to Gunfighter

I've experienced it a couple of times now, and I think it has to do with write speeds (depending on the speed of the hard drive and how much of the resources are being eat up at the time of the export). I go back and fourth between motion and CS5. They don't always give back all the resources that they consume.

In those instances, I've had the green flicker on export. On another instance, I tried to export from a project set up on one of my 7200 rpm hard drives to a client's 5400 rpm hard drive. Got the same flicker. I think the resource issue with what only causes it to happen sometimes. I'd suggest doing a clean restart and exporting to your computer HD (as opposed to any externals you might be using).

In the couple of instances I've had this issue, this seemed to resolve it.

Jul 12, 2011 1:23 PM in response to samuelosmith

Out of curiosity, are any of you with this problem running multiple GPU systems? If so, have you tried a single GPU configuration (if possible of course)? Just wondering if that would make any difference.

Found this kbase article: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3842 Final Cut Pro X: Systems with two graphics cards may export QuickTime movies with green artifacts

Flickering green screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.