Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I project my iPad 2 screen through Apple TV without internet?

I am looking to project everything I do on my iPad so my students can see it. I do not have internet in the room I am working, but someone told me that wouldn't be an issue. Is it possible to project it without internet?

Apple TV

Posted on Jul 7, 2011 1:16 PM

4 replies

Jul 7, 2011 2:25 PM in response to DanFij

You should be able to mirror the iPad screen to AppleTV but only when iOS 5 and appropriate AppleTV2 software update are released.

As this relies on wi-fi technology you will have to have at least a wi-fi LAN - internet will probably be needed to initially enable HomeSharing on both devices (you could do this elsewhere), then so long as you don't need to display protected material it should just work over a wi-fi LAN but you will need something (eg mi-fi device) to set that up.

AC

Sep 14, 2011 3:23 PM in response to Winston Churchill

I have the same question. I'm also a teacher. Once iOS 5 is out and if I have Apple TV, can I mirror exactly what is on my iPad to project onto my interactive whiteboard without the use of an internet connection? I want a wireless solution so I can walk about the classroom with the iPad but my class has no internet connection, at least not one that I'm ever allowed access to with a non-school device.

I assume I need the following:

iPad2 + iOS 5

Apple TV + iOS 5

HDMI to VGA adapter from Apple TV to PC which is then connected to data projector

Possibly some king of switch to switch between monitor/PC display to projector and Apple TV display to projector

Can I project my iPad 2 screen through Apple TV without internet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.