Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How much to repair a scratched screen?

I have apple care, but I heard it is not covered. It is a small deep scratch on my screen about 1.5 cm long.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 7, 2011 7:09 PM

1 reply

Jul 8, 2011 12:25 PM in response to evanfromwilmette

Hi Evan,

Correct, the AppleCare Protection Plan doesn't cover any sort of "wear and tear" or accidental damage. Apple won't attempt to fix the screen, they'll just replace the entire panel and it won't be cheap ($700+). There are 3rd parties that can do it for you, usually considerably cheaper, but you'll want to ensure they're an Apple Authorized Service Provider. Lastly, you could also perform the replacement yourself and that would be the cheapest option.

The thing you want to be mindful of is preserving your APP on the machine. If Apple does it, there's no problem. If an Apple Authorized Service Provider does it, same. But if some "computer shop" does it or you try to do it and problems arise you're not only financially invested but you run the risk of voiding the APP on the machine.

How much to repair a scratched screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.