Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Play from GB to Clavinova via USB midi

I have GarageBand'11 v 6.0.2 (427.72) on an iMac with OSX 10.6.8 connected via USB to a Yamaha Clavinova CLP230. I have installed Yamaha's USB-Midi driver v.1.2.1. Garageband can successfully record the keystrokes of the Clavinova in midi form, so I know the usb midi connection is working in that direction.

How do I get GarageBand to send live midi information to the Clavinova to play? (as mentioned above, I can get the Clavinova sending midi to the Mac, but I want the other way round).

One reason would be so I can download midi music and have it played back on the Clavinona whilst I learn to play the piano.

Any ideas?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 8, 2011 3:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2011 3:38 AM

GB does not natively support MIDI-OUT

you might give the MIDIKeys plug-in a try:

http://www.bulletsandbones.com/GB/GBFAQ.html#midikeys

(Let the page FULLY load. The link to your answer is at the top of your screen)

5 replies

Nov 17, 2012 2:24 PM in response to AFDMacMini

I have GB on my iPad '3' and take a lead with a midi thing from the camera kit into my Clavinova. I can play the onscreen synths etc. with the Clavinova and the yellow LED on the converter is flashing.

What I want is to record stuff on GB then have it play out through the Clavinova. Or get GB or another program to play midi files through the Clav's synthesisers and speakers.

I'm completely new to all this so a bit of a hand-hold guide would be fab.

Thanks in advance.

Play from GB to Clavinova via USB midi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.