Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I use an element from a Pages template in another document?

I would like to use some of the elements in the Pages templates in other documents. For example, in the Science Fair Poster template, there is a text placeholder with a woven background.

When I look in the Inspector, I see its background is "Tinted Image Fill". Clicking the Choose... button gets me a dialog box to choose an image file, but does not reveal the image file in use in the template doc.

I'd really like to use this background in other ways. How can I do that? Do I have to copy the placeholder to another doc? (Will that work?)

Can't I find the image file to reuse this in another document?

Thanks

iMac 27", Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Jul 8, 2011 12:21 PM

1 reply

Jul 8, 2011 1:28 PM in response to Charlie in NEK

What you are seeing is an option line style for the frame of the box. You can apply many styles of frames & lines/strokes to objects in Pages. You can enable all of the frames & strokes “hidden” within the iWork & iWeb applications using this free installer.

The background itself is tiled. Look at the settings & duplicate them in your own document. You could also copy & paste this box into your document.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

How do I use an element from a Pages template in another document?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.