Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Entourage won't launch

I had to force my system to restart recently. Entourage was open, and on restart it is the only application I've been having problems with. Double clicking on it or selecting open and nothing happens. I've rebuilt the database and it didn't help. Copied the mail database to another computer and it worked fine. Tried to transfer a copy of Entourage back to my main machine, but that didn't help. Is there something I can delete from the Library or Preferences to bring this back to life?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7), 2.4 gHz model

Posted on Jul 8, 2011 4:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2011 7:38 PM

Thought I would check for updates to my Office 2004 apps and found a bunch. When I tried to run the first one it said Entourage was open, apparently it was started but hanging before anything happened on screen (before the splash screen). After force quitting I ran a few more updaters before trying to launch the app. Not sure if any of them made a difference, but Entourage is working again.

Anyone at Microsoft ever heard of combining the updaters. I had about 20 to do, most for security issues it looked like, and had to do them one at a time.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2011 7:38 PM in response to G. Ewald

Thought I would check for updates to my Office 2004 apps and found a bunch. When I tried to run the first one it said Entourage was open, apparently it was started but hanging before anything happened on screen (before the splash screen). After force quitting I ran a few more updaters before trying to launch the app. Not sure if any of them made a difference, but Entourage is working again.

Anyone at Microsoft ever heard of combining the updaters. I had about 20 to do, most for security issues it looked like, and had to do them one at a time.

Entourage won't launch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.