Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth setup does not detect HP deskjet 4500 printer

I have a 4 month old iMac running OSX.68. Yesteday I bought an HP 4500 wireless printer. Setup went smoothly. I am able to print, copy, scan. Have not set up faxing. For some reason this printer does not show up in Bluetooth setup.

It is not detected. I have shut off printer and turn it back on but still Bluetooth Setup does not detect it. I have even tried with the USB cable conected. Still not detection.

It seems to work fine wirelessly. ANyone have an answer and fix to why this HP 4500 printer is not detected in the Nluetooth setup? The only thing I can think of if that this brand new printer may not be 'discoverable' -- how do I chabge this?

Intel-based iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jul 8, 2011 5:54 PM

5 replies

Jul 9, 2011 7:07 AM in response to Barry Hemphill

Thanks for the reply Barry. Yes the printer is printing wirelessly from my iMac. I even d/l the free app from HP to my iPad and printed out a pic. I was under the impression that since this printer is MAC compatible that it WOULD be a bluetooth device. SO there is nothing for me to worry about if it is a wireless device that is not detected on Bluetooth setup assitent? 'If it aint broke -- don't fix it'?

Bluetooth setup does not detect HP deskjet 4500 printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.