Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

optical audio on airport express

Hi All,

My Airport Express unit is currently connected to my audio amp through a regular mini jack audio cable. What cable do I need to get the optical audio, would I need any adapter on the Airport audio out?

Gianni

Posted on Jul 8, 2011 9:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2011 9:37 PM

You would need a mini-to-optical digital Toslink cable. No adapter is needed to plug into the AirPort Express, but your amp will need to have a Toslink optical digital jack to accept the connection.

6 replies

Mar 18, 2013 4:22 AM in response to Claverdon

I have my music CDs downloaded in the Apple lossless format, have got a new (gen2) Airport Express at my HiFi. First I used the analogue output on to my amplifier, but yesterday I switched to the digital output and a brand new Rega D/A Converter. Needs some time to rum-in, but I discovered that switching off the "sound improvement" in iTunes settings actually improved the sound. (danish version, might be called something else in english) Still I have some noise like pulses appearing now and then, did not have it before.

optical audio on airport express

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.