Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Artwork screensaver on Apple tv

Is there anybody out there that has figured a way of having the iTunes Artwork screen savver on the Apple TV (v2)? I have made a folder up with pasted artwork and pointed the TV to that, but it's not as nice as having the lovely mosaic of all the covers as with the "proper" saver

MacPro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jul 9, 2011 3:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2011 3:49 AM

There isn't a way to do that. The problem is that the Apple TV needs to store the artwork internally, it has the ability to store photos through the photo settings in the iTunes advanced menu but unlike the Apple TV 1 it doesn't store the iTunes database file etc which the Apple TV 1 used to provide album artwork for a sceensaver.

The only thing you can do is manually add artwork to your photo library, which I believe you have already done.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2011 3:49 AM in response to rvrman21

There isn't a way to do that. The problem is that the Apple TV needs to store the artwork internally, it has the ability to store photos through the photo settings in the iTunes advanced menu but unlike the Apple TV 1 it doesn't store the iTunes database file etc which the Apple TV 1 used to provide album artwork for a sceensaver.

The only thing you can do is manually add artwork to your photo library, which I believe you have already done.

iTunes Artwork screensaver on Apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.